What everyone in your home should know!
It's every homeowner's nightmare: the smell of natural gas. Gas may escape from faulty appliances, loose connections, service lines inside or outside your home, or from the gas main. If you ever smell gas, take these precautions immediately:
Do not light any matches or turn any electrical switches on or off in your home.
Ventilate the room or home by opening doors and windows.
If the odor is very strong or you hear a hissing noise, leave your home immediately. Go to a neighbor's home and call the fire department and your local utility.